    RE: iSCSI: SCTP Switch and Router support

    I agree with John on this one....

    The intermediate switches/routers do need a valid  (known) protocol field in
    the IP header. If they don't like it, its quite possible that they may drop
    the packet..
    This also has got to do with filtering of unknown protocols...

    Also if the protocol is TCP/UDP, to support QOS and flow, most of the
    intermediate switches will even look at the TCP/UDP ports - (Layer 4
    classification)...

    My 2 cents