    RE: iSCSI: Session Consensus/Plan -- SCTP (FCoverIP)

    John,

    The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.
    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-otis-fc-sctp-ip-00.txt

    In conjunction with
    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sigtran-sctp-13.txt

    My apologies for not following proper procedures previously.

    Problems to overcome implementating a new protocol for routers and switches
    that look beyond IP layers should be of the same order of difficulty as the
    IP datagram protocol initially proposed for FCoverIP.    At least the
    expensive fragmentation is handled within the SCTP protocol to ensure a
    normal router does not see a burden.  The remaining work is simply to
    configure the channels. (Flipping streams on buried protocols, splitting and
    merging streams to match technologies at opposite ends etc.)  I would hope
    to limit this to simple structures with a common header to establish
    revision level negotiations.  Any ideas?

    Doug