    Re: FCoverSCTP/IP specification

    Douglas Otis wrote:
    > Any FC traffic could be encapsulated.  You may wish to make a separate
    > informative RFC as to how to use such an encapsulation to exchange IP over
    > FC, FCP-x, etc.  This could eventually include buffering and bandwidth
    > management tricks, but with this separate RFC.  Again, I would expect that
    > to be other documents and likely ones created by T11 themselves.
    > http://www.t11.org
    >
    > I think the major trick is to avoid crossing into T11 areas as their work is
    > ongoing and would be a duplication of efforts to attempt to define some kind
    > of subset.  This spec should relate to the mundane interconnects,
    > cross-links and the like.  (Networking.)

    This is just an assertion of the principle anything can be
    engineered which I doubt anyone would disagree with. The devil
    is in the details and we have no details. By analogy running
    IP over FC is just a matter of encapuslating of a few RFCs over
    existing T11 docs, if it was that easy then why has the IPoverFC
    WG been working for over a year, and in fact a WG at all?

    From what you seem to be asserting this WG has no purpose as the
    solution is trivially obvious.  Most of us disagree.

    	-David

    P.S. Now I will do as I promised and ignore any further discussion
         without a draft.