    From: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu [mailto:owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu]On Behalf Of
    Black_David@emc.com
    Sent: Friday, July 21, 2000 3:00 PM
    To: julian_satran@il.ibm.com; ips@ece.cmu.edu
    Subject: RE: IPS Draft Charter update

    > I am however concerned that if we include all the work items - including
    > discovery - in the first version we might either miss our schedule or have
    > a half baked solution.
    >
    > Can we exclude those from the first version and add them (either as a
    > separate/complementary spec) in the MIB timeframe?

    Sure - discovery sounds "ancillary" to me.  In any case I've been
    concerned that the milestones were aggressive to the point of unrealistic,
    and given this feedback, I'll stretch them out and try to make the next
    charter version more explicit about what has to be done to get the first
    protocol version out - that does include security.

    +1 (508) 435-1000 x75140, FAX: +1 (508) 497-6909
    black_david@emc.com  Cellular: +1 (978) 394-7754