    Re: questions on the mapping in iSCSI

    Bill,

    SRA's are returned by the target - the initiator only provides the
    descriptors;
    the idea is to let the target organize them as it sees fit (e.g., store the
    strings only once even if they originate from different initiators).

    I expect you would want to do as much work as possible and explore all
    descriptors.
    However finding out that a descriptor is bad can happen even after mapping.
    I refrained in fact specifying when will the name-to-address mapping be
    done (lazy or eager).

    I assume that unmapping should not have any effect on outstanding I/O - but
    I will make
    a not to clarify this point.

    Good luck with the implementation and thanks,
    Julo

    Bill Main <wmain@gis.net> on 21/07/2000 00:34:30

    Please respond to bill.main@bigfoot.com