    Re: Question on TCP hardware up lift

    Hi Bill,

    There used to be a company called Jato that made a TCP acceleration NIC.
    They had some nice white papers.  Larry Bouchet has a little company called
    Alachritech, they're in a similar business.  Level1 communications, bought by
    Intel, had some nice white papers in this area. Also Xaqti has done some
    development in this area.  They focus on ICs for the IP switching business.

    Of course TCP stacks in hardware are nothing new.  They're used in
    practically all the existing high speed (gigabit class) switches.  I've seen
    some nice Verilog implementations targeted at FPGAs.  They newer CAM based
    Altera devices seem (to me) to have the most promise.

    I have a small project developing in this area, targeting Gigabit Ethernet
    RAID systems.  Give me a shout if you'd like to chat about ipSCSI
    implementations.

    Mike Anderson
    VP Engineering
    Medea Corp.