    Administrivia

    Time and space has been requested in Pittsburgh.  Date
    and time will be forthcoming, one two hour slot is
    expected.

    Your future co-chairs and ADs are editing the charter
    as I write this.  Expect an initial version to appear
    for further comment on the list sometime early next week.

    Another thing that will happen next week will be initial
    assembly of the agenda for the meeting.  For those who
    want time on the agenda at the meeting in Pittsburgh,
    submission of an Internet-Draft is highly recommended.
    While there's no guarantee that everyone who submits a
    draft will be on the agenda, no draft almost certainly
    implies no agenda slot.  So, I'd ask those who desire
    time on the agenda to please send me an email indicating
    the topic, the title and filename of the draft, and the
    name and email of the presenter.

    A few matters for those who may not have written
    Internet-Drafts before:
    - Please read the Guidelines to Authors of Internet-Drafts
    	at http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-guidelines.txt .
    - In particular, note the requirements there for boilerplate
    	text on the first page, including the required
    	reference to RFC 2026.  Drafts without the
    	required boilerplate will be returned.
    - Since ips is not yet a working group, there are no such
    	things as ips working group drafts, and hence names
    	of the form draft-ietf-ips- ... are not appropriate.
    	Drafts should be sent as individual submissions;
    	a useful convention is to use the WG acronym as the
    	third word of the draft name.  For example, if
    	this email were turned into an Internet-Draft, one
    	possible name would be draft-black-ips-administrivia-00.txt .
    - The draft deadline is next Friday (7/14) at 5pm Eastern Time.
    	The deadline is absolute, and what counts is whether
    	the draft is received by the deadline, not whether
    	it was sent and got hung up in email.  Submitting
    	drafts hours/days earlier is a good idea, and authors
    	in California should remember that the deadline is
    	Eastern time, *not* Pacific time.  I'd ask those who
    	submit drafts close to the deadline, to please
    	consider posting a copy on a web site somewhere and
    	sending the URL to the list; this helps with
    	the fact that there can be a multi-day processing
    	backlog for last-minute draft submissions.

    My apologies for using email bandwidth for administrivia, but
    this is occasionally necessary.

    +1 (508) 435-1000 x75140, FAX: +1 (508) 497-6909
    black_david@emc.com  Cellular: +1 (978) 394-7754