Industry Job Opportunity
NETAPP - Performance Analysis Engineer
Project: Multiple opportunities at various levels
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Data is the currency of business in the digital era. NetApp is the data authority, helping customers leverage and manage their data wherever it resides – in the cloud, in their data centers, or anywhere data flows. Engineers and Computer Scientists at NetApp help transform the way customers utilize their dynamic, diverse, and distributed information. They allow doctors to save lives with deep data analytics shared with medical experts around the world, help automotive engineers improve autonomous vehicle navigation with artificial intelligence, enable scientists to monitor and identify environmental hazards through deep image analysis, and provide companies the ability to expand their businesses in yet-unimagined ways.
Join NetApp and take part in transforming how data is changing the world. ONTAP is the #1 Storage Operating System in the world, managing hundreds of Exabytes of customers’ information. We have more than 30,000 customers today that rely on us to be the data authority. Take part in the transformation that is changing how we work and play daily.
As a Performance Analysis Engineer, you will work as part of a team responsible for modeling, measurement, and analysis of storage systems performance. The overall focus of the Research and Development function, of which this role is a part, is on competitive market and customer requirements, technology advances, product quality, product cost and time-to-market. Performance engineers focus on performance analysis and improvement for new products and features as well as enhancements to existing products and features.
These positions require an individual to be broad-thinking and systems-focused, creative, team-oriented, technologically savvy, able to lead large cross-functional teams at the higher levels, and driven to produce results.
- Create analytical and simulation-based models to predict storage systems performance
- Evaluate design alternatives for enhanced performance, and prototype opportunities for performance enhancements
- Measure and analyze product performance to identify performance improvement opportunities
- Design, implement, execute, analyze, interpret, socialize and apply storage oriented performance measurements and their results, including the creation of tools and automation as necessary
- Work closely with development teams to drive the performance improvement agenda
- In-depth knowledge of performance analysis and modeling techniques, tools and benchmarking.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in computer operating systems, hardware architecture and design, data structures and standard programming practices; systems programming in C is highly desirable.
- Strong scripting skills - perl, python (primarily within JupyterHub), shell – to create and enhance automation frameworks and improve the productivity of those environments
- Knowledge of storage and file systems highly desirable
- A creative and analytical approach to problem solving
- Exceptional presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong influencing and leadership skills
- The ability to make accurate work estimates and develop predictable plans
- A willingness to work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will positively contribute towards team, department, and company goals
- The ability and willingness to adapt to rapidly changing work environments
Position 74941: Performance Analysis - A Bachelor's with 3 years of experience, A Master's Degree or a PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science; or equivalent experience is required.
Position 75107: Software Engineer - Typically requires a minimum of 0-3 years of related experience with a bachelor’s degree or a master’s degree Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or an equivalent degree or work experience. This position requires an individual to be creative, team-oriented, technology savvy and a fast learner.
Position 76906: Performance Analyst - MTS Software Engineer - B.S and 6 years of experience, M.S.and 4 years of experience or Ph.D., in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, preferred, or related engineering/scientific field.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Netapp is an equal opportunity employer of minorities/women/vets/disabled.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply using the link on the Netapp Recruiting links listed above under eduation, or directly contact Curt Thiem, Manager, ONTAP Performance Analysis.