    Re: PDU size for FFP negotiations

    Eddy,

    5.1 and 12.12 are not Login specific.
    During Login you have a default MaxRecvPDUsize.

    5.1 refers to a negotiating sequence (that may include several PDU's) and
    does no refer to the "primary buffers".
    12.12 just advises you not to exceed the receive buffers.

    In practical terms 5.1 should only set a lower limit to what a responder
    has to be able to accumulate if either the originator does not let him or
    he choose not respond to immediately.

    Eddy Quicksall <eddy_quicksall@ivivity.com>
    Sent by: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu
    21/08/2003 22:41

    "Ips@Ece.Cmu.Edu (ips@ece.cmu.edu)" <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
    cc

    Subject
    PDU size for FFP negotiations

    I just want to be sure I understand the spec properly:

    5.1 says:

    Any iSCSI target or initiator MUST support receiving at least 8192
    bytes of key=value data in a negotiation sequence.

    12.12 says:

    The transmitter (initiator or target) is required to send PDUs with
    a data segment that does not exceed MaxRecvDataSegmentLength of the
    receiver.

    Note that 5.1 is not Login specific and since a "negotiation sequence" can
    occur in Full Feature Phase, then I am assuming 12.12 overrides 5.1 for
    Full Feature Phase.

    Is that correct?

    Eddy

Last updated: Fri Aug 22 04:19:27 2003