    From: wrstuden@wasabisystems.com [mailto:wrstuden@wasabisystems.com]
    Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2003 1:19 PM
    To: mphaneen
    Cc: KRUEGER,MARJORIE (HP-Roseville,ex1); 'Eddy Quicksall'; ips@ece.cmu.edu
    Subject: Re: use of ISID

    On Fri, 18 Apr 2003, mphaneen wrote:

    > MessageHi,
    >     Though it is a good pratice to show up same SCSI initiator port
    > to the target wherever possible, a little caution should be exercised
    > while conservatively re-using ISID.
    >     A session reinstatement would occur if the same ISID is used with
    > TSIH=0, assuming multiple connections per session in the scenario
    > that Eddy mentioned.

    True, but that's the point, isn't it? Initiator Name + ISID is the
    initiator designator (the I in I_T nexus), and an initiator can only have
    one connection to a given target via a given portal. So you shouldn't try
    to make a new login that re-uses the ISID, if you already have an existing
    session.

    Take care,

    Bill

Last updated: Thu Apr 24 18:19:22 2003