    From: Sarita_Padoshi [mailto:Sarita_Padoshi@satyam.com]
    Sent: Monday, April 14, 2003 6:10 AM
    To: ips@ece.cmu.edu
    Subject: Windows implementation of iSCSI

    Hi,

    	We are developing an iSCSI initiator on Windows 2000 as a SCSI
    miniport driver.

    	The initiator passes through the SCSI commands INQUIRY and READ
    CAPACITY.

    	After this, a READ command for the block address 0 is received at
    the initiator.

    	This command is executed at the target and the response is SUCCESS.
    	The same response is sent back to the scsi port driver with
    SrbStatus = SRB_STATUS_SUCCESS and
    	ScsiStatus = SUCCESS and the data copied to DataBuffer in the SRB.

    	Next ,We receive a second READ command for the same block address 0
    with same transfer length.
    	Now,when we copy the data received from the target to the DataBuffer
    in the SRB, there is a
    	Page Fault.

    	Could you please help us in understanding why a second read command
    is issued and why there is
    	a page fault.

    	Thanks in advance.

    Rgds,