    Re: iSCSI: version number

    Those who are locked into version 0 will have issues with those who are
    properly reporting and following the RFC, to be.  Those who chose not to
    support dynamic loading of the version as a config option, fell short of
    seeing the history here in IPS-Refecltor.  Those who are capable of
    adjusting this reporting will be capable of forward and backwards
    compatability.

    Also, what is IETF rules for version numbers and the requirements imposed
    upon formal ratification?

    If those rules require a version number > 0, then there is no choice but
    to follow and comply with the rules according to the supervisory body that
    initiated the original ad-hoc and transformed to a formal WG.

    Just my nickle of noise.

    Andre Hedrick
    LAD Storage Consulting Group

    On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, Julian Satran wrote:

    > There is no strong reason - it is only that all the people that have asked
    > for this vocally in the past are now silent.
    > And if they keep being silent then it will stay at 0.
    >
    > Julo
    >

    > "Sankar, Ranga" <Ranga.Sankar@netapp.com>
    > Sent by: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu
    > 21/02/03 00:22

    > <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
    > cc
    > Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL, "Wysochanski, David"
    > <David.Wysochanski@netapp.com>
    > Subject
    > Re: iSCSI: version number
    >

    > Could we leave the version number as 0? Is there a strong reason to make
    > this 1?
    > -ranga
    > "Robert D. Russell" <rdr@io.iol.unh.edu>
    > 20/02/03 16:59
    >  To Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
    > cc ips@ece.cmu.edu
    > Subject iSCSI: version number
    >

    > Julian:
    > Now that draft 20 has been accepted as an IETF standard,
    > shouldn't the version number in section 10.12.4 be changed
    > to 0x01?
    > Thanks
    > Bob Russell
    > InterOperability Lab