    RE: iSCSI: aborting an immediate command with ABORT TASK

    In addition in order to eliminate the "corner case" I mentioned earlier
    (and that is the only ambiguity we know about) - that a TASK ABORT may
    abort
    both an immediate and a non-immediate that have the same number and are
    both lost even though only the immediate was intended I added the following
    text to 9

           If an ABORT TASK is issued for a task created by an immediate
           command then RefCmdSN MUST be that of the Task Management request
           itself (i.e. CmdSN and RefCmdSN are equal; otherwise RefCmdSN MUST
           be set to the CmdSN of the task to be aborted (lower than CmdSN).

     and made 9.5.5 to raed:

       RefCmdSN

           If an ABORT TASK is issued for a task created by an immediate
           command then RefCmdSN MUST be that of the Task Management request
           itself (i.e. CmdSN and RefCmdSN are equal).

           For an ABORT TASK of a task created by non-immediate command
           RefCmdSN MUST be set to the CmdSN of the task identified by the
           Referenced Task Tag field. Targets must use this field as described
           in section 9.6.1 when the task identified by the Referenced Task Tag
           field is not with the target.

           Otherwise, this field is reserved.

    ----- Forwarded by Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM on 05/09/02 21:56 -----

                          Julian Satran