    RE: iSCSI: aborting an immediate command with ABORT TASK

    Paul,

    Its a race having to do with sending the command response and receiving the
    abort ... not between getting the command and the abort request.

    I-T> immediate cmdSN=7
    T-I> some delay but finally command response for above w/ExpCmdSN=7
    (a race here due to processing at the initiator)
    I-T> before getting the response, sends abort for 7
    (target advances ExpCmdSN to 8)
    I-T> non-immediate CmdSN=7
    (outside of the command window, target dumps the command)

    The directions say to consider the command received (that would mean the
    non-immediate command) and that would be command 7. So you would advance
    ExpCmdSN to 8. When non-immediate command 7 arrives, it will be outside of
    the window and will be thrown out.

    This is all considering ErrorRecoveryLevel 0.

    Maybe I have missed something so please point out where I'm wrong.

    Eddy