    Re: AHS Codes

    We can rip it off (historical artifact). Unless we want a registry for it :-)

    Julo

    Black_David@emc.com
    Sent by: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    30/08/02 18:05

            To:        tonyb@cybernetics.com, ips@ece.cmu.edu
            cc:
            Subject:        AHS Codes

    > > > --- AHS ---
    > > > Next question: if an AHS is present in a PDU allowing it, but
    > > > the target does not know what to do with it, should the target reject
    > > > the PDU or ignore the AHS?
    > >
    > > Such a target is broken (if an AHS is allowed, the target has to
    > > expect that it might be present and be prepared to do whatever
    > > is necessary), and should be fixed.
    >

    > Let me give a better example: Section 9.2.2.1, AHSType, lists "60- 63
    > Non-iSCSI extensions".  What should the target do if it comes
    > across an AHS with an AHSType of 60?  Is there some other document
    > specifying what these codes mean?

    We don't say anything useful at the moment.  Is there any good reason
    not to rip this out and add 60-63 to the Reserved range (currently
    3-59)?

Last updated: Fri Aug 30 14:18:57 2002
11728 messages in chronological order