    RE: Error in running UNH iSCSI code

    > I am using UNH  iSCSI code on Redhat Linux on virtual
    > machine. Here after
    > installing the initiator module and target module we got the following
    > errors on
    > the initiator end :
    >
    > Gotkey: SessionType=Normal
    > ../common/text_param.h : check_correctness:1368: ***ERROR***
    > key"SessionType" cannot be sent to initiator.

    The initiator should start the negotiation of the "SessionType" and
    the target has to check if it supports that type of session and proceed
    acccordingly. The target shouldn't initiate THIS key negotiation.

    This is a protocol error (if I'm wrong, correct me).

    > and at target end:
    > iscsi_target.c :  error: rx_data: rx_loop_0 total_rx_0
    > iscsi_rx_thread : trouble receiving data.

    The initiator on detecting the above ERROR, closes the connection.
    The target is waiting to  receive data from the socket and at that time,
    one end of the socket is closed and hence sock_recvmsg() at the target side
    returned a value <=0 ( I think it is 0).

    This protocol error occurs during session login, the connection is closed
    and hence
    the session is not established.

    Suppose this error occurs (generally it shouldn't occur) during connection
    login (session is in
    full feature phase),
    what should the initiator do?
    	* close the connection or
    	* close the session

    Can anybody through some more light on this?

    Thanks,
    asai thambi.

Last updated: Tue Aug 27 12:18:56 2002
11687 messages in chronological order