    Re: questions about fcip

    The answer provided for question 2 contains too many letters.

    The FC Entity distributes traffic among the multiple TCP
    connections (if any).

    The distinction is based on the fact that only the FC Entity
    has enough knowledge to do the distribution. Also, this is
    the reason no suggestions regarding how to do the distribution
    are provided in FCIP.

    .Ralph

    Murali Rajagopal wrote:

    > Question 1:  Why would a FCIP link need multiple TCP connections?
    > Following text extracted from Section 11.1 provides some motivations for
    > multiple TCP connections.
    >
    > " ....
    > Depending on the sophistication of the FC Entity, further value may be
    > obtained by having multiple TCP Connections with differing QoS
    > characteristics.
    >
    > There are many reasons why an FC Entity might request creation of multiple
    > TCP Connections within an FCIP_LEP. These reasons include a desire to
    > provide differentiated service for different TCP data connections between
    > FCIP_LEPs or a preference to separately queue different streams of traffic
    > not having a common in-order delivery requirement. ...."
    >
    > Question 2. If there are multiple TCP connections in a FCIP link, which
    > entity is responsible for distributing  traffic among them?
    >
    > The FCIP Entity.

Last updated: Tue Aug 13 10:18:55 2002
11623 messages in chronological order