    Again neither this nor the protocol errors are mandatory - but  a wise
    implementer will do something.

    John Hufferd@IBMUS

    08/13/2002 09:13 AM

            To:        Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL@IBMDE
            cc:        ips@ece.cmu.edu
            From:        John Hufferd/San Jose/IBM@IBMUS
            Subject:        iSCSI:Problem with use of NotUnderstood in negotiationsLink

    Isn't there a way to say that if you get a response of NotUnderstood, to a key that you do not understand, or to a key that you did not offer, that it is a protocol error.  That should stop the loop dead in its tracts.  It could be stated on page 66.

    The Pseudo Code would be,....do I understand the key, if not .... is NotUnderstood its value ... if so protocol error!   (clearly if I do not understand it, I did not offer it.)

    .
    .
    .
    John L. Hufferd
    Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
    IBM/SSG San Jose Ca
    Main Office (408) 256-0403, Tie: 276-0403,  eFax: (408) 904-4688
    Home Office (408) 997-6136, Cell: (408) 499-9702
    Internet address: hufferd@us.ibm.com

    Sent by:        owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu