    RE: iSCSI question

    Additionally (and with all due respect to the protocol
    inventors), the recovery levels do not take into account
    the problems most likely to be encountered.

    As someone had previously pointed out, recovery from
    failed connections is likely to be most used
    (and should be disjoint from recovery within a
    command due to digest errors which is probably
    most useful for legacy tape). The person referred to
    it as recovery level 0.5.

    Even though the initiator has significant flexibility in
    the model to use, the target is fairly hosed in this regard.

    But time to close the spec.

    Somesh

Last updated: Thu Aug 08 21:18:54 2002
11581 messages in chronological order