    From: Shahram Davari [mailto:Shahram_Davari@pmc-sierra.com]
    Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2002 1:21 PM
    To: 'Bill Studenmund'
    Cc: 'pat_thaler@agilent.com'; Julian_Satran@il.ibm.com; ips@ece.cmu.edu;
    owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu
    Subject: RE: iSCSI question

    Hi Bill,

    Thanks for your reply. Please see my comments below:

    1) I doubt that the session re-establishment code is simpler than PDU recovery code.
    But think what you are saying is that, you need to have the session recovery anyway, so the PDU recovery is extra code.
    2) Even if that is the case, it has nothing to do with the error recovery hierarchy.
    The error recovery hierarchy must show what recovery should be tried before the other ones. In other words it has to show how the recovery escalates.
    3) I think it should escalate as following: PDU -> Connection -> Session

    Yours,
    -Shahram

Last updated: Thu Aug 08 18:18:56 2002
11579 messages in chronological order