    iSCSI and FCP

    > > Also, a transport (iSCSI) shouldn't be influenced by
    > > another transport (FCP), but only by the unifying layer,
    > > i.e. SAM-3.
    >
    > Well?

    Ok as a "first principles" position, I suppose ... but FCP
    has a lot of deployment experience, and is known to work.
    In addition, bridges to FCP and other SCSI transports are
    a reasonable thing to consider.  For example, both of these
    contributed to the decision in Yokohama to drop the
    BidiInitialR2T key.  So, I think "shouldn't be influenced"
    isn't the right approach - there are things to be learned
    from FCP's experience, and issues that arise in cross-
    transport bridges should not be dismissed out-of-hand.

    +1 (508) 249-6449            FAX: +1 (508) 497-8018

Last updated: Fri Aug 09 18:18:55 2002
11598 messages in chronological order