    Re: iSCSI: Unsolicited data PDU retry

    Bill,

    I do not quite follow what "could lead to a mess"....let me address what
    I think is your question.

    I did not say that target "drives the data-out sequencing" for unsolicited
    data, only that the target drives the *error recovery* for all data-out (assuming
    it received the command, so has the ITT context).

    Let me attempt to rephrase.  A digest error as an example, taken on
    one of the unsolicited data PDUs, would have to be recovered by the
    target sending a recovery R2T - IOW, target driving the Data-Out PDU
    recovery is true even for unsolicited data.

    If I understand you correctly, you seem to suggest that retries may carry
    different header flags (F-bit and no-F-bit) - it's illegal.  Take a look at 5.2.1.

    I believe the protocol does work correctly even if the initiator retransmits
    Data-Out PDUs as it pleases, but that's not the design expectation.  I believe
    that's all Tony's question was about.
    --
    Mallikarjun

    Mallikarjun Chadalapaka