    RE: iSCSI - working draft and IANA

    Pat,

    Sorry if I wasn't clear.  The rationale for reserving/restricting
    the underscore would be to allow whomever defines/registers the
    vendor-specific Gorilla (Z#Gorilla) AuthMethod to define/register
    keys like Gorilla_Banana (X#Gorilla_Banana) and Gorilla_Bar
    (X#Gorilla_Bar) if those are what naturally fit the Gorilla
    algorithm without having to worry about those keys having been
    previously defined/registered.  You're correct that there would
    not be an issue if Gorilla were to be standardized and added to
    iSCSI, as the unadorned Gorilla_* keys would be available to
    the WG to do this, but my concern was for vendor-specific keys
    needed by vendor-specific AuthMethod's.

    +1 (508) 249-6449            FAX: +1 (508) 497-8018

Last updated: Wed Jul 31 20:18:53 2002
11503 messages in chronological order