    Re: iSCSI: DLB-T.17 (format error description)

    I would add also a reference to 9 (as the working draft has already :-))
    Julo

                          "Mallikarjun C."
                          <cbm@rose.hp.com>        To:       <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
                          Sent by:                 cc:
                          owner-ips@ece.cmu        Subject:  iSCSI: DLB-T.17 (format error description)
                          .edu

                          07/09/2002 10:01
                          PM
                          Please respond to
                          "Mallikarjun C."

    > [T.17]  6.4  Format Errors
    >
    >    The following two explicit violations of PDU layout rules are format
    >    errors:
    >
    >         a)  illegal contents of the PDU header (except the Opcode) - for
    >         ex., out-of-range values for certain fields
    >         b)  inconsistent contents - for ex., value of one field conflicts
    >         with that of another.
    >
    >    Format errors indicate a major implementation flaw in one of the par-
    >    ties.
    >
    > The two "for ex."s aren't good enough.  Details on what is a format error
    > need
    > to be spelled out explicitly, given the drastic consequences of
    committing
    > one.

    I agree that the "for ex."s are not quite reassuring.  However, I believe
    those
    are all that might happen in each class, so I don't want to remove them
    either.

    I suggest the following text as the replacement -

    ------------------------------
    6.4  Format Errors

       The following two explicit violations of PDU layout rules are format
       errors:

            a)  out-of-range values for fields (except the Opcode) in the PDU
    header
            b)  inconsistent values for fields in the PDU header, where value
    of one field conflicts with that of
    another.

       Format errors indicate a major implementation flaw in one of the
    parties.

    Mallikarjun

Last updated: Wed Jul 10 06:18:51 2002
11236 messages in chronological order