    iSCSI: DLB-T.16 (resource requirement for connection reinstatement)

    • To: <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
    • Subject: iSCSI: DLB-T.16 (resource requirement for connection reinstatement)
    • From: "Mallikarjun C." <cbm@rose.hp.com>
    • Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 11:52:13 -0700
    • Sender: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    > [T.16] 4.3.4  Connection reinstatement
    >
    >    Targets should support opening a second connection even
    >    when they do not support multiple connections in Full Feature Phase.
    >
    > Looks like that ought to be an upper case "SHOULD".  I think this needs
    > further discussion.  Section 5.2 appears to use a lower case "must"
    > for this:

    Let's be careful here - section 5.2 discusses the generic case of "connection
    cleanup" - that includes both implicit and explicit logouts - whereas "connection
    reinstatement" is just implicit logout.

    While "connection cleanup" does not require additional connection resources
    in the general case, a target wanting to support connection reinstatement SHOULD
    support *opening* a second connection (though it may reject the Login if it's
    for a different CID).

    I believe that connection reinstatement is a useful functionality that the targets
    SHOULD support, so I agree that the change suggested by David is a reasonable
    one to make in 4.3.4 which only discusses connection reinstatement.

    Mallikarjun

Last updated: Wed Jul 10 06:18:52 2002
11236 messages in chronological order