    Re: iSCSI - decimal coded binary strings - a proposed resolution

    Paul - I think we are talking again about two different thinks:
    1. numerical values that could be more than 2**64 - I would not forbid it there
    2. bit strings that could be longer than 64 bits - I find it acceptable

      The new text could be:

      decimal-constant: an unsigned decimal number - the digit 0 or a string of 1 or more digits starting with a non-zero digit.  Decimal-constants are used to encode numerical values or binary strings. Decimal constants can be used to encode binary strings only if the stringlength is explicitly speci-fied. There is no implicit length for decimal strings. This encoding MUST NOT used for numerical values equal or greater than 2**64 or binary strings that could be longer than 64 bits.

      Julo

      Paul Koning <ni1d@arrl.net>
      Sent by: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

      07/08/2002 10:36 PM