    IPS-ALL: iSCSI WG first last call is now complete.

    All,

    The initial IPS WG last call is now complete.

    Our thanks to everyone for thorough review of the document and submission of comments against the draft.

    Everyone is probably wondering, “where do we go from here?”

    There were sufficient comments against the draft that a second WG last call will be needed.

    This was expected – it is rare for a document which has so many parties interested and of such size to make it thru the working group last call on the first pass.

    Julian Satran is now working on resolution of the comments to produce a new draft, version 15.

    His web site at http://www.haifa.il.ibm.com/satran/ips

    He has a working copy of the draft, with change bars (in pdf format), as well as a list of last call issues and proposed resolution.

    Version 15 of the draft will not be officially available until after Yokohoma, though Julian may have a completed version available for early review prior to that.

    Within a few days of the draft being officially posted, we will announce a second WG last call on the iSCSI draft.

    The last call period will again be two weeks.  The focus of this second last call should be new changes to the draft.

    This second last call should hopefully go a lot smoother than this first one did.

    Technical issues that were brought up need to be discussed on the list, especially if there is disagreement with an issue or proposed resolution.

    So, I recommend that everyone examine the issues brought up to the list and speak up now if they have any input.

    Timeline for iSCSI:

    This week and next – discussion/resolution on issues brought up during WG last call.

    New draft officially available week of July 22, though preliminary draft may be available earlier.

    End week July 22/begin week July 29 – announce WG last call for iSCSI draft

    Two weeks later – iSCSI WG last call concludes

    Mid August – new official draft available, which includes comment resolution from WG last call.

    Assuming no major issues during second WG last call, this draft will be the version forwarded on to the ADs.

    Elizabeth Rodriguez & David Black,

    IPS WG co-chairs

Last updated: Thu Jul 18 11:18:54 2002
11375 messages in chronological order