    RE: iscsi : Review Feedback on Rev 11-94.

    > 4) Section 2.4.2 [TECHNICAL]
    > ----------------------------
    > initiator scsi port name=="node name""\0""0 - 3 pad bytes""6 byte ISID"
    > Similar definition for target scsi port name.
    >
    > The above definition causes problems for implementations due to the NULL
    in the
    > middle. This will confuse string manipulation routines (strlen, strcpy,
    etc) to
    > think it is the end of the string, ignoring the rest of the string. It is
    also
    > quite complex in its construction.
    >
    > Can we just use :
    > "node name,[i|t],[isid|tpgt]"
    > to represent initiator/target port names, instead ?

    The problem with the "dotted" notation you suggest is that would leave no
    way to differentiate the node name from the "i/t" and the "port ID" since
    "." is a legal character in a node name.  So you'd have to pick a separator
    character that is not legal in a node name.  Given the difficulty in
    choosing a separator character, and the fact that port names are
    constructed, not carried in packets, I don't see the problem with the null
    separators.  (Just process it as 3 strings and add :-)

    > 6) Section 2.5.1.5 [EDITORIAL]
    > "For the target, convinience, outgoing solicited data also carries a
    > target transfer tag."
    >
    > should read :
    > "For the target's convinience,....".

    I think you meant "convenience"?