    RE: IPSEC target and transport mode

    Jason,

    Would you settle for a sentence describing the performance
    advantages of transport mode and using a lower-case "should"
    to recommend that transport mode be implemented when these
    advantages are desired/considered important?  My concern is
    that I can't see my way to justifying an upper-case SHOULD
    based on "interoperation or to limit behavior which has
    potential for causing harm" (see RFC 2119, Section 6).

Last updated: Wed Apr 03 17:18:17 2002
9463 messages in chronological order