    Re: iSCSI:SRP

    I am confused John,

    The reason we are looking at things beyond SRP is that there MAY be IPR issues
    with SRP.  Because of that the WG will consider algorithms that MAY NOT have
    IPR issues such as CHAP.

    I am not a fan of SRP from many reasons, but I will say that it is considerably
    stronger than CHAP.  For that reason, if I MUST implement it, why should I also
    include a weaker algorithm, I all ready have to play the price to licence SRP.

    I would argue that CHAP should me the sole MUST implement, because it is open
    and free, from there we can have SRP as a SHOULD and don't mention CHAP+DH at
    all because it will have all of the problems that SRP has, until it is vetted.

    Bill