    IPsec Usage Question

    In Salt Lake City, I asked folks to become familiar with
    existing IPsec implementations that they plan to (re)use.  I
    now have a specific question about this that I need answers
    to - send the answers to me directly to avoid inadvertently
    revealing implementation plans (I promise to keep them
    private).

    Q: Does the IPsec implementation you plan to use require
    	that the inner IP address be different from the outer
    	IP address for traffic that is to pass through IPsec
    	to the IP Storage (iSCSI, iFCP, FCIP) system?
    Follow-up: If so, how do you plan to configure your system
    	to securely access a peer IP Storage system from
    	another vendor that also has this requirement?

    The underlying concern is that requiring that the inner
    and outer IP addresses always be the same would visibly
    simplify the configuration required to use IPsec with
    the IP Storage protocols.

    Please send me the answers directly.

    +1 (508) 249-6449 *NEW*      FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500
    black_david@emc.com         Cell: +1 (978) 394-7754

Last updated: Fri Feb 01 11:18:02 2002
8590 messages in chronological order