    RE: iSCSI: Markers

    I have some doubts that the ability to place data out
    of order will actually result in a more cost effective
    NIC.  Even without out of order placement, there may
    be some benefit to "one PDU per TCP segment", of course
    in this case there is no need for markers.

    In any case, the only thing I have objected to is
    making markers a requirement to use if other end
    requests it.  I don't have a problem with making it
    an option (both ends agree) and see if it flies.

    > Of course,
    > you always have the issue that no matter what method
    > is used, data can only be placed and not processed
    > out of sequence (which implies that there is additional
    > complexity if barrier lists and so on and having to do
    > control processing at a faster rate when you do perform
    > out of order processing).
    >
    > Somesh

Last updated: Thu Jan 10 19:17:45 2002
8357 messages in chronological order