    From: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu [mailto:owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu]On Behalf Of Julian Satran
    Sent: Friday, December 14, 2001 12:50 PM
    To: somesh_gupta@silverbacksystems.com
    Cc: ips@ece.cmu.edu
    Subject: RE: iSCSI: abort task & abort task set

    Somesh,

    "Somesh Gupta" <somesh_gupta@silverbacksystems.com> wrote on 14-12-2001 20:52:04:

    > Julian,
    >

    > I like the proposal made at the IETF. I had two follow up questions
    >

    > 1. For targets that only support single connection per session, and do
    >

    > not support error recovery, would it be ok to send the status for the
    >

    > task management command without having to wait for the status ack
    >

    > for all previously sent statuses?

    I assume that you are on safe ground as the target is doing it and no one could be wiser
    (no way to observe extrnally any difference) and there is no need to specify this behavior. Or is it?

    > 2. I have to analyze in more detail, but there is an interesting case
    >

    > where let us say that the status sent prior to the
    >

    > task management status suffers from a digest error, or a connection
    >

    > failure. The initiator retries the command on another connection. I
    >

    > have not fully figured out the implications of this.

    Statuses are recovered by SNACK. I doubt initiators will retry abborted commands!

    > Somesh

Last updated: Sun Dec 16 13:17:45 2001
8088 messages in chronological order