    RE: iSCSI: IPsec tunnel / transport mode decision

    SG,

    You must have one of them MUST to ensure interoperability.

    Julo

    Sukanta ganguly <sganguly@yahoo.com>
    Sent by: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu
    09-11-01 21:07
    Please respond to Sukanta ganguly

            To:     Ofer Biran <BIRAN@il.ibm.com>, ips@ece.cmu.edu
            cc:
            Subject:        RE: iSCSI: IPsec tunnel / transport mode decision

    By doing this we are forcing IPSec. No flexibility of
    going transport over tunnel. I think we were still
    having a discussion of whether transport can also be
    supported and hence instead of forcing with IPSec
    can't we allow both mechanisms to a MAY.

    In that scenario one could opt for transport mode with
    tunnel and still have a good implementation running.
    What do other think?

    SG

    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ips-security-04.txt