    From: Julian Satran [mailto:Julian_Satran@il.ibm.com]
    Sent: Monday, November 05, 2001 3:42 AM
    To: ips@ece.cmu.edu
    Subject: Re: iSCSI: current UNH Plugfest: Reserved bits

    The usual way other standard bodies handle reserved fields are that they
    are mandated to be 0 but a compliant receiver does not have to check.
    However most of them don't say this explicitly.

    However to avoid having "compliance tests" test receivers we might want to
    say in Section 3:
    Any compliant sender MUST set to zero all bits not defined and all
    reserved fields unless specified otherwise.  Any compliant receiver MUST
    ignore any bit not defined and all reserved fields unless specified
    otherwise.
    Julo
    ----- Forwarded by Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM on 05-11-01 10:37 -----

    "Ron Cohen" <rcohen@eurologic.com>