    RE: iSCSI: NOPs on discovery session

    Somesh,

    NOPs are used for more than keep alive. They carry number acknowledgements
    and are done by the iSCSI layer while TCPs keep alive being kept at the
    TCP level does not say anything about the layers above (usually works
    between  brain-dead machines).  In general the higher the level of a
    "keep-alive" the more functional it is.

    Julo

    "Somesh Gupta" <somesh_gupta@silverbacksystems.com>
    Sent by: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu