    Re: iSCSI: NOPs on discovery session

    Ron,

    We are defining a wire protocol so that we should not be concerned if
    closing is mandatary or not.
    An open discovery session could be used (with proprietary exchanges) to
    announce new LUN and target creation.

    Julo

    "Ron Cohen" <rcohen@eurologic.com>
    Sent by: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu
    26-10-01 08:16
    Please respond to "Ron Cohen"

            To:     "ips" <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
            cc:
            Subject:        Re: iSCSI: NOPs on discovery session

    This brings up an interesting point:

    Is it intended that discovery sessions remain open?
    Should an initiator close a discovery session after the SendTargets
    command
    has completed?
    Should a target request a logout and session closure if an initiator does
    not close the session?
    What would the application of leaving a discovery session open be?

    Ron