    iSCSI: iSCSI MIB Roadmap

    Several people have been asking about the iSCSI MIB status, and
    what will happen next.  Here is what we are planning to do.

    The current iSCSI MIB is draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-mib-02.  It uses
    the old deep table structure, which will be flattened in
    iscsi-mib-03.

    October, 2001  - Post iscsi-mib-03.

      Changes:
      - Flattened the table structure
      - Lots of editing as a result of flattening
      - Added failure counters to be used in notifications
      - Aligned session attributes with iscsi-08

      Receive feedback from IPS reflector on the iSCSI MIB.

    November, 2001 - Post iscsi-mib-04 for IETF 52.

      Expected Changes:
      - Change some attributes to writable
      - Explore the addition of an initiator configuration table
      - Incorporate feedback from the reflector

      No structural changes are expected in this one.

    After this, there should be relatively little we can do
    with the MIB, other than tracking the iSCSI draft changes.

    As soon as iSCSI enters Last Call

      Expected Changes:
      - Update to match the Last Call iSCSI draft.

    One week after iSCSI completes Last Call:

      Update to match the final iSCSI RFC.

      Changes should be very minor.

    --
    Mark A. Bakke