    Re: iscsi : DataPDULength can differ in each direction.

    Dave,

    Implementation specific? I assume you wanted to say connection specific.

    No the parameters you quote (except MaxOutstandingR2T) are not connection
    specific.
    They reflect multiplexing capability that the transport allows for SCSI.
    Making them connection specific will
    only complicate things with no added benefit.
    MaxOutstandingR2T might be viewed as a way to compensate for RTT bu depend
    also on handling capabilities
    of the end-points.

    Julo

                        Dave Sheehy
                        <dbs@acropora.rose.ag       To:     ips@ece.cmu.edu (IETF IP SAN Reflector)
                        ilent.com>                  cc:
                        Sent by:                    Subject:     Re: iscsi : DataPDULength can differ in
                        owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu        each direction.

                        05-10-01 22:44
                        Please respond to
                        Dave Sheehy

    > Having now accepted that DataPDULength is a "maximum receive pdu length"
    > limitation that each end point is allowed to express, this key needs to
    > be on a per connection basis, and not a per session basis.
    >
    > The reason for this being that limitations on DataPDULength (more aptly,
    > max receive pdu length) stem from implementation specific quirks. (One
    > of the reasons for allowing this feature, in the first place.).

    Following this same line of reasoning the keys:

               MaxBurstSize
               FirstBurstSize
               MaxOutstandingR2T
               DataPDUInOrder
               DataSequenceInOrder
               ErrorRecoveryLevel

    are all potentially implementation specific and should not be categorized
    as LO.

    Dave

Last updated: Mon Oct 08 08:17:28 2001
7118 messages in chronological order