    RE: iscsi : DataPDULength can differ in each direction.

    Julian and all,

        Before you go ahead and spend time and energy on this I would just
    like to re-iterate my concerns that in practice few, if any,
    implementations will support asymmetric PDU sizes.

    	If, for example, a software initiator indicates a max PDU size of
    128k and a hardware target indicates 8k, do we really think the target
    will ever send a 128k PDU? I don't believe it will. The supporting
    argument seems to be predicated on the fact that the buffer management
    changes needed to make this happen are trivial. However, if an
    implementation can chain buffers together on transmit to build PDUs
    larger than the maximum size offered why can't it do so on receive?
    And if it can do so on receive why would it ever offer a maximum lower
    than the real maximum it can support?

    	As an aside, I think this change might create something of a headache
    for sniffers since they now have to buffer the larger of the offered
    sizes instead of the smaller.

    	I agree that asymmetric PDU sizes seem beneficial but I have a very
    hard time believing we'll see any implementations that can take
    advantage of this feature. I also think the benefit might be
    relatively small and is probably not worth the level of spec change at
    this late stage.

    	- Rod