    RE: iSCSI:Changes in Loging Negotiation

    I want to slightly tone down a couple of John's comments:

    > Also we are
    > out of time and version 9 is suppose to be editorial (if possible).

    Version 9 is supposed to be primarily editorial, but that doesn't
    mean that we can't put in technical changes that are discovered to be
    needed in the interim.

    > Nothing in what I said should stop important changes, just please ask your
    > self, is it important enough to perhaps cause yet another iteration.
    > Remember it will not make the plugfest anyway.

    I would hope people are only bringing important things to the list, but
    considering whether they'll cause another iteration is not a good criteria.
    It's highly unlikely that -09 will be the final version, as there's
    probably at least one more iteration after that to deal with what we
    do in Salt Lake City, and the odds of the version that enters WG Last
    Call coming out with no changes necessary are infinitesimal.

    +1 (508) 435-1000 x75140     FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500

Last updated: Fri Oct 05 23:17:23 2001
7086 messages in chronological order