    RE: iSCSI - do we need anything in the mode pages?

    I disagree.

    SCSI driver stacks are used to being able to find the
    state of EMDP and to adjusting the state of EMDP in the
    MODE SELECT pages.  If the bit exists at all, it should
    also exist and be controllable from the mode pages.

    A possible alternative, given that
    EMDP may be less important at very high data rates and when
    very large caches are available, is to
    explicitly prohibit EMDP in iSCSI.  That would eliminate
    the parameter from both the mode pages and from the login,
    creating the desired simplification.

    Bob Snively                        e-mail:    rsnively@brocade.com
    Brocade Communications Systems     phone:  408 487 8135
    1745 Technology Drive
    San Jose, CA 95110

Last updated: Sat Sep 29 18:17:19 2001
6875 messages in chronological order