    Re: iscsi : how should a target process a logout ?

    Santosh,

    Good point. This text is relatively old.

    The new text will read:

    After receiving the Logout command the target aborts all pending commands on that connection/session if the logout reason code is "close the connection", " or "close the session" and suspends all data/status/R2T transfers on behalf of pending commands if the reason code is "remove connection for recovery". The target then issues the Logout response and half-closes the TCP connection (sends FIN).  After receiving the Logout response and attempting to receive the FIN (if still possible), the initiator MUST completely close the logging-out connection. For the aborted commands, no additional responses should be expected after that.

    Note that a Logout for a CID may be performed on a different transport connection when the TCP connection for the CID had already been terminated.  In such a case, only a logical "closing" of the iSCSI connection for the CID is implied with a Logout.

    All commands that were not aborted or not completed (with status) and acknowledged when the connection is closed completely can be reassigned to a new connection if the target supports connection recovery.

    Santosh Rao <santoshr@cup.hp.com>
    Sent by: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    29-09-01 03:14
    Please respond to Santosh Rao