    Re: iscsi : default iscsi mode page settings.

    Sanjeev,

    As my original mail indicates, you may want to refer Section 3 of iscsi Rev
    7.94 (found at :
    http://www.haifa.il.ibm.com/satran/ips).

    [Well, now, there's a Rev 7.95 (daily rev updates.)...]

    This section explains iscsi specific mode pages and calls out the default
    values listed below.

    - Santosh

    "Sanjeev Bhagat (TRIPACE/Zoetermeer)" wrote:

    > Santosh,
    >
    > Where did you find these SCSI Mode page settings? At least I could not find
    > it in SAM-2 document? The mode select command is available in SPI documents
    > but they are meant for particular SCSI device and not for iSCSI device?
    >
    > Be it whatever the case I would like to ask why the default value of
    > MaximumBurstSize is 512 units and why is the default value of FirstBurstSize
    > 128 units. remember each unit is 512 bytes as defined in iSCSI 7.9x
    > revisions so setting the default value of FirstBurstSize to 128 units means
    > 65536 bytes or 64K Bytes and similarly the value of Maximumburstsize is 256K
    > Bytes. Is it Ok to have the FirstBurstsize of 64KB??
    >
    > Sanjeev

    begin:vcard
    n:Rao;Santosh
    tel;work:408-447-3751
    x-mozilla-html:FALSE
    org:Hewlett Packard, Cupertino.;SISL
    adr:;;19420, Homestead Road, M\S 43LN,	;Cupertino.;CA.;95014.;USA.
    version:2.1
    email;internet:santoshr@cup.hp.com
    title:Software Design Engineer
    x-mozilla-cpt:;21088