    RE: iSCSI: ISIDs

    David,

    This relatively complicated and hard to discuss on the mailing list. During
    a flight I made a summaryY.
    allocating to vendors is not a good idea and failover of an entire session
    should be possible between portl groups.

    Portal groups are meant to delimit connections that cooperate within a
    session.

    If a session on PGa goes away you may want to reinstate a session on PG b
    ineriting the same properties.

    There is nothing to prevent you now to do it (and that is good). The ID
    splitting can get a bit skewed.

    The same will happend whatever sheme you choose and vendors certianly don't
    have to get involved.

    Julo

    Black_David@emc.com on 10-09-2001 09:16:39

    Please respond to Black_David@emc.com