    Re: iSCSI: error recovery striation for rev08 (Was: iSCSI - open issues - no discussion - recovery levels)

    Mallikarjun,

    My vote would be for two levels only.

    If its bad weather(transport), you turn on maximum error recovery.
    If its good weather, you live with session recovery.
    Anything in-between may complicate implementations which
    wish to isolate logic paths.

    Since you wish to suggest a better division, let me add that
    a new scheme for dividing recovery levels would need to be
    backed up by potential usage scenarios.
    e.g. if you are doing tape backup, use level A
         if this is within-enterprise access, use level B
         if this is <something..something>, use level C

    IMHO, more than two levels would make good sense only if there
    were some good real-world scenarios to exploit them.  Otherwise
    it may just end up as a case of over-engineering.

    -Sandeep