    RE: iSCSI: Support Alias in the protocol

    John,

    As Bob eloquently explained, these labels are just as likely to confuse as
    to assist those individuals that may be assigned different targets when
    connecting to their storage.  It is likely these labels will be problematic
    rather than helpful and a source of frustration for IT individuals to
    explain to now confused users.  The goal should be to ensure that some
    management functionality is obtainable even from such satellite environments
    to avoid these types of problems rather than placing hopes on an alias label
    that does not indicate the nature of the connection as being helpful.

    Doug