    From: Mark Bakke [mailto:mbakke@cisco.com]
    Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2001 1:43 PM
    To: Steve Blightman; ips@ece.cmu.edu
    Subject: Re: [Fwd: Crc-32c example in iSCSI spec]

    One more thing that might be helpful.  When the Ethernet
    polynomial is used in SCSI to generate its CRC, the T10
    doc specifies the remainder polynomial that one should see
    after running the data with a valid CRC through.  For
    the Ethernet CRC, this was specified as 0xc704dd7b.  This
    remainder polynomial is taken before the CRC is complemented
    and bit-reflected.  For iSCSI, I came up with a remainder of
    0x1c2d19ed.  Can anyone verify this result?

    --
    Mark

    --
    Mark A. Bakke