    Re: IPS: Schedule and Security Update

    David,

    Given the newly being-proposed rekeying solutions, how does
    "mandatory to implement" translate in terms of the iSCSI
    clients (initiators), where the same box might have some
    or all of the following :
    (a) a host OS with IPSec stack from vendor A
    (b) an iSCSI HBA from vendor B
    (c) an IPsec accelerator from vendor C

    Since the vendors are different, who "must" undertake the
    fun stuff of changing IKE/SRP for rekeying ?   Part of
    the answer may be dictated by performance needs & economics,
    but in any case I am eager to hear the official interpretation.

    This question may not arise in case of RAID boxes or filers,
    where a single vendor would be responsible for the iSCSI
    solution.

    Second question : how would we run iSCSI over NAT if we are
    to use transport mode ESP, given all the problems
    pointed out by Aboba in
    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-nat-reqts-00.txt

    thanks,
    -Sandeep