    Re: iSCSI: negotiation failure

    Sandeep,

    The only mechanism I considered is OpParmReset (the IO is a mistake) - the
    new text I suggest is:

    01   OpParmReset

       Use: All
       Who can send: Initiator and Target

       OpParmReset=<yes|no>

       OpParmReset enables an Initiator or Target to request the operational
       parameters to be reset to the values they had before the negotiation.
       Either the initiator or target may choose to do so but only within an
       operational parameter negotiation exchange within login or during full
       feature phase.  The resetting should involve only parameters that where
       set during operational parameter negotiation on the connection in which
       the OpParmReset is issued.  Please note that since either initiator or
       target may request this behavior there is no need to reply.

     However please note that 7.7 has also a "negative connotation" - that
     parameters that did not get agreed upon on a successfully completed text
     exchange do not get "committed".

    Comments ?

    Julo

    sandeepj@research.bell-labs.com (Sandeep Joshi) on 30-07-2001 21:09:47